Monday, January 26, 2009

1/26: A pretty good Monday

Music: Explosions in the Sky - Slow Dance

So, today was pretty good. Well, it started out not too amazing. I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed that I was going on another study abroad type trip. A few of my friends from Argentina were even there...I remember seeing Mackenzie, Miranda, and Laura I think. Mark was there too. We were all sitting at a long table eating dinner and Mark was there too, except he was at the head of the table and I was sitting a few chairs away from him. And I couldn't really talk to him b/c he was too far away and I remember getting really upset & angry in the dream. Then all of the sudden dinner was over and we were outside and we were each driving pick up trucks. I needed to back mine up for some reason b/c it was the only one in a parking spot and all the others were like 100 yards away from my truck on either side. And Mark was getting impatient with me. He was going to leave w/o saying goodbye cuz he didn't want to wait for me to fix my parking spot. I think I woke up at this point. The last thing I remember was wondering if he was going to leave or not w/o saying goodbye. So yea, not the best dream to wake up too. It kind of made me realize just how much I'm afraid of being away from him next year. I think I had this dream b/c earlier that night he asked me if he thought it was a good idea that we had been hanging out every night since he flew back to NJ. I said no, but I mean, I guess maybe it is. He mentioned maybe its not good b/c we don't know whats going to happen next year and we might not be able to spend every night together...like maybe we shouldn't get used to this.

Dia just IMed me. She told me Rob Mann, a boy who was a grade above me and best friends with Kevin Bielik just passed away on Saturday in a car accident. That's so sad. Dia & Liz are going to the wake tomorrow. It just kind of makes you think...you never know what can happen. I've been lucky enough to never really having to face the death of a close friend or family member. I mean, of course I'm so sad about Grandma Rains' passing, but since I was in Argentina when that happened I almost feel like I never really accepted it. Like, its this knowledge I have, but I don't know what to do with it. I mean, even when we were in OCM and the entire family went out and spread her ashes into the ocean, I was def. very emotional and it did provide some closure, but I still feel detached from it.

Well, I have some things to do, but, I guess it has been a pretty interesting day. So much to think about. So much is happening. And yet, look at what I mentioned above...it can all be taken from you in a single, unexpected moment.

Until Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment