
So, for whatever reason, the internet in my Dad’s place isn’t working. Hence the reason I am writing my journal entry using Word. Hopefully I can go downstairs and see if it will work there. It keeps on saying I am out of range.
Anyway, today has been pretty productive. I slept until about 11…but that was relaxing, so, I’m going to call that productive anyway. Following that I listened to Day 5 of the Tony Robbins Get The Edge program that I downloaded. He mentioned a lot of good things in the session today. One of the things I liked the most was talking about the 10 negative emotional categories we feel and how to react to them. Referring to them as action signals, it allows one to re-define these emotions. They are no longer harmful, hurtful things in my life, but signals that I need to take action in some way. When feeling any of these emotions (Uncomfortable, Fear, Hurt, Anger, Frustration, Disappointed, Guilt, Inadequacy, Overloaded, Lonely) there are three possible ways to deal with them in the end. I can change my perception, change my procedure, or change my behavior. Each of these emotions calls for a different action. They are all a message that something must change. Another point he keeps touching on is this:
Every feeling you have is not based on the reality of life, but the way in which you interpret it, the meaning you give it.
Ask yourself: What else could this mean?
So, it was very productive listening to this session. I’d like to listen to it a couple more times, actually, just because the material is so great. In fact, I plan on listening to the entire Get The Edge tape again. Part of me actually realized that the reason I find myself feeling unmotivated when I know so badly I want to be is that I do not surround myself with people that are as motivated and go-getting as I want to be. While I love my friends and wouldn’t change anything about them, I need to find a solution to this. I think if I can keep listening to these kinds of tapes it can almost act as a substitute for this. I will still have someone talking in my ear about how I can continue to be a better person, and continue to improve my life every day.
Anyway, we just got done working out at the gym in the new development my Dad & Noreen will be moving into around March. Now we are going to get some margaritas and then who knows what.
No comments:
Post a Comment